At a Glance
IndDEC PG Diploma programs provide the busy General Dental Practitioner with an educational route to acquire the further clinical skills and knowledge required of a Dentist with Special Interest. These programs focus on contemporary practice, teaching evidence-based principles and systems to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient and practitioner.
During the course (one year PGDip) you will be expected to attend up to six sessions, spread over five days each, face to face with master clinicians, accumulating to 30 study/assessment days per year. All of these sessions will be within theatre settings in a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) at one of the local 5* settings , though some sessions will be timetabled in the IndDEC associated Dental Clinic, where you will observe, assist and ultimately lead in clinical treatment. To accompany the study days, much of the course content, including lecture notes, PowerPoint slides, videos of lectures and assignments will be delivered face to face by master Clinicians, allowing you to both prepare work for study days and undertake additional work independently from your home location.
We offer PGD programs in the following domains:
Work in the early part of the course will comprise plenary lectures and practical sessions in our state-of-the-art phantom head facility and work on pig’s head and similar systems. As you move through the course you will progress to working on live patients under close supervision within IndDEC Dental Clinic Facility. Here skills will be developed and assessed through Direct Observation of Procedural Skills. The academic underpinning that supports this discipline will be developed though plenary lectures, directed reading and case-based discussions, which you and others in the group will be expected to prepare and lead. Group sizes are generally small (typically 10-12 per cohort) leading to an informal and supportive learning environment where you can ensure that your own learning needs are being met.
We must of course have assessments and examinations, these are designed to develop and test your core knowledge and skills at regular intervals throughout the programme. Assessments focus on your higher levels skills of diagnosis and planning, rather than simply remembering facts. Typical assessments would include analysis of given clinical cases OSCEs, mini clinical examinations and essays.
- 12 months Clinical Course delivered at IndDECCentres in Delhi/Mumbai
- Curriculum in- line with European universities
- Delivered Face to face
- Taught by master clinicians/ foreign faculties
- Hands-on and live surgeries / Patient Treatment
- Diploma Examination Part A / Part B conducted in Delhi/ Mumbai/ Dubai/Cairo
- Post Graduate Diploma Qualification
- Accredited by European Institutions
- Registration as specialist after successful completion
- Academic year commences January each year
- Mode of attendance Full-time/ flexible
- Course type Postgraduate taught
- Tuition Fees home/Indian Nationals Rs4,50,000
- Examination Fees £ 1,500 / equivalent in INR
- Optional Progression to MSc at UK/European University
IndDEC PGDiplomaprograms thoroughly explores the most important topics in the chosen domain. The programme covers scientific documentation, as well as clinical applications, and both biological and practical components are presented at a specialist level by the IndDEC faculty and invited international leading experts.
What will I learn? The programme provides dental clinicians with the theoretical background and the clinical skills to incorporate implants/orthodontics/lasers/aesthetics into their daily patient care, within traditionally sound restorative principles. With the current technological and research advances, implants/orthodontics/lasers/aesthetics meet the requirements of biocompatibility, function and longevity, contributing to the patient's overall well-being.
Why should I do this program at IndDEC? The IndDEC is a premier British Centre of excellence, at the forefront of evidence-based clinical service, research and development, and education in the oral health care sciences. It is the lead Clinical postgraduate dental training institution in Europe, and has a world-wide reputation for its specialist training delivered through clinically intensive postgraduate programmes.
How do I benefit? Students benefit from premium class facilities for both clinical training and hands on sessions providing unique, face to face seamless training in specialist dentistry and access to a wide range of clinical cases and master techniques which ensures experience of managing complex clinical cases. The IndDEC graduate audience includes students from diversified cultures fostering a rich social and academic environment.
What do I get? The programme provides practicing dental clinicians with evidence-based clinical skills to incorporate implants/orthodontics/lasers/aesthetics into their day to day clinical practice, delivering quality to international standards in patient care, within traditionally sound restorative principles. With the current technological and research advances, implants/orthodontics/lasers/aesthetics meet the requirements of biocompatibility, function and longevity, contributing also to the patient's overall well-being.
IndDEC PGDiploma programs provide the busy General Dental Practitioner with an educational route to acquire the further clinical skills and knowledge required of a Dentist with Special Interest.
- Previous Qualification: Evidence of a Registerable qualification from a recognised dental institution. Furthermore Copies of degree certificates and official academic transcripts of previous study showing the subjects taken and the grades obtained. If these are in a language other than English please provide official translations..
- References: Two Referee Report Forms and accompanying letters of reference signed and dated, showing clinical experience after graduation.
- English Language competency: Copies of English Language certification, e.g. IELTS or TOEFL (if applicable)
- Access to Patients for clinical case presentation and practice.